08 December 2007

Seven facts was all he wrote...

I've been tagged by my friend XicanoPwr at Justicia y Libertad. I'll play along.
These are the rules:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
The facts:
1. My paternal grandmother is descended from a long line of Swiss Mennonites who settled in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
2. My maternal grandfather was an officer in the Peruvian military who almost certainly had some Quechua (i.e., Inca) blood in him.
3. I once made KOA radio host Rick Barber laugh so hard that he had to cut to commercial to regain his breath.
4. I've climbed Pikes Peak.
5. I once spoke to Floyd Patterson on the phone.
6. I met Don Imus and suggested to him that he should turn his novel 'God's Other Son' into a movie, preferably directed by Terry Gilliam. He thought for a moment and said soberly, "That's a damn good idea," but I'm still not sure whether he was being sincere or condescending.
7. A high school friend of mine was so intrigued by my quixotic, and ultimately abandoned, attempt to get into the U.S. Air Force Academy that he tried for it himself instead of going to Clemson. He was accepted, graduated an officer and pilot and later flew missions in Afghanistan.

The seven I tag (in alpha order) are Josh Catone, dnA, Nick Langewis, nephthys510, Manuel Ramos, Michael Roston, and Sam Smith.

No comments: